Saturday, October 17, 2009

FOOD BLOGGER CONNECT - THE PARTY!


We’ve shared recipes, great meals eaten and glimpsed into each other’s lives through our food blogs, we’ve shared photos and revealed personalities on Facebook, we’ve given cooking tips and encouragement on Twitter. Now isn’t it about time that we met?

In this day and age of the internet, we have lost our connectedness. Friendships are made and lost, love affairs carried on across oceans, bonds created though on different continents, fans found and clubs joined, yet how much of this is 140 spaces maximum or quick status updates? Disconnected and discombobulated, we can only carry on so far in the blogosphere.

So let’s meet! Some of us have already met but there are still many of us who haven’t. Everyone and anyone is invited from long-time bloggers, newbies or even people thinking of starting their own food blog. Food Blogger Connect 2009 is the time to connect: get to know your fellow food bloggers and meet new ones, share tips and ideas, network and organize projects. And have a blast doing it!

Food blogging no longer need be a lonely, individual sport. Forget those days when you feel like it’s going no where, when you wonder if you really belong to that great, funny, passionate family of bloggers out there. Come and connect, be inspired, partake of our favorite food group!

Food Blogger Connect 2009 is the first meet up of its kind (the first official conference being held in the U.K) and is being held in London on November 28, 2009 at Levant from 1 p.m to 5 p.m, serving delicious Lebanese cuisine. Don’t miss it! After all, Food Bloggers share!


Please note : On October 28th, we will call for your ideas, and we look forward to hearing from you about the topics you’d like covered and who you would love to see cover them. Food Blogger Connect is the first Food Blogging conference to take place in the U.K and we need you to take the lead. We are also looking for people to help spread the word. So, if you are interested in posting about this event on your blog, then please email foodbloggerconnect@gmail.com and we will be happy to send you a flyer with all the pertinent details. You can RSVP @ www.rsvpit.com. The event number is 2009.



Here’s a quick recap:

WHAT: Food Blogger Connect
WHEN: November 28th, 2009, 1 PM to 5 PM
WHERE: Levant Restaurant, London, W1
WHO: Everyone who is or wants to be part of the Food Blogosphere. Food Blogger connect is open to all, and you don’t have to be a long-time blogger to attend. This event is open to Non-UK Food Bloggers as well.
HOW MUCH: £30 for food and 1 glass of wine. This is the only fee and it covers the meal.
WHERE CAN I RSVP: Go to www.rsvpit.com. The event code is 2009.

We can’t wait to meet you in person!

Dirty Kitchen Secrets, Mowielicious, Life’s A Feast & Saffron & Blueberry.

XOXO

42 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

This sounds like great fun! Now if I could only figure out a way to convince my husband that I need to fly across the pond at the end of November so I could attend. Perhaps you could send me an email saying I've won the UK lottery and need to come in person to collect it?

♥♥♥Ria♥♥♥ said...

Grrrr! I am so envious!! :) Have a great time Jamie!!

Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite said...

How fun! Wish I lived in Paris still, I would hop the Eurostar and join in!

sunita said...

I'll be there. Yaaaay!!! Can't wait to meet all of you :-)( sorted out my other engagement :-D)

bethany (Dirty Kitchen Secrets) said...

I love the pictures! Can't wait to party with you!

Glenda said...

How fun for all those who go! Hope you all have a great time!! What recipes you'll come home with. Can't wait to hear the reports.

Deeba @Passionate About Baking said...

HEYYYYYYYY Jamie...I wanna be there too! SULK!!
Beautiful post by the way! You guys have fun. I will sit & wait impatiently for the pics!!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'd love to be present, but as it looks I'll not be able to make it :-(...

anyway, if ever you are in Geneva, I'd be glad to show you around!

Cheers,

Rosa

SKM said...

Envious!

Mary said...

This sounds like such a marvelous idea! I really hope it's successful and catches on in other places.

LoveFeast Table said...

We only wish we could be there!! We'll represent in spirit! We are cooking up our own get together in Feb. 2011. Mark it on your calendar and we'll send more details letter!

My Carolina Kitchen said...

This sounds like such fun. How I wish I could be in France. "Bonne chance" and have fun.
Sam

Bethie said...

I want to go. :( Take lots of picutures.

gastroanthropologist said...

Awesome idea, wish I could make it. But, Thanksgiving dinner (postponed a few days) dictates.

Junglefrog said...

What a fun event Jamie! I am thinking of coming but need to check out a few details (flight, hotel and such) to see what the total cost will be... Would be so much fun to meet you all!

Katy ~ said...

Magnificent! This will be a splendid time!

George@CulinaryTravels said...

I hope to be able to come, just need to sort my shifts out at work. What a wonderful event :)

Chow and Chatter said...

oh wow wish i could be there have lots of fun love London maybe next year

Chef E said...

I missed the one they had in NY last year in November, and I am wondering if they will do another one...oh wait that was foodbuzz... I am actually trying to get one together here November 7th...

Have fun!

MsGourmet said...

Jealous & excited for you all, at the same time!

Deeba @Passionate About Baking said...

You have tempted me far too much...I have to try & get across!

Heavenly Housewife said...

I've rsvp'd :D

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

What fun! Have a wonderful time.

Baking Soda said...

I'd love to come but I'm in Praque that weekend! Never go anywhere and now two exciting things coming up in one and the same weekend... sigh.
Excellent idea, Have fun!

asiangrrl said...

You're going to have a blast, Jamie. I hope you take lots of pics!

TKW said...

I would love to fly to the UK and meet all the great food bloggers!

Please report back with all the details so we can feel like we were there with you in spirit!

Connie said...

You have an award at http://wvfurandroot.wordpress.com

Donna-FFW said...

Oh that sounds like it would be such a blast!!! Cant wait to see all the pictures.

the ungourmet said...

Oh wouldn't this be fun! Maybe I'll win the lottery and then I can go too! Oh, I guess I have to play to win, huh!

Elra said...

How i wish I can be there.... would be so fun the them all.

Sophie said...

What a great idea!! A pity that I can't come,..Maybe a next time!!

Jamie said...

@Sophie - are you sure that you can't come?

girlichef said...

Oh, that's going to be so awesome!!

Jamie said...

@girlichef - you are more than welcome to pop over and join us!

Chez Us said...

Oh, I am with Barbara, not sure I can convince a certain someone that I need to go to the UK in a month. Will be there in spirit, sounds like a blast!

Sippity Sup said...

The only good thing about not being able to come to the FoodBloggers Connect Dinner is, is, is... Oh wait there is nothing good. GREG

Jamie said...

@Sippity Sup - Then Greg, you'll just have to come now, won't you :-)

5 Star Foodie said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wish I could be in London!

AmyRuth said...

That sounds so fun and what an adventure. You will have such a great time putting faces and "voices" together. Awesome!!!
AmyRuth

Janet @Gourmet Traveller88 said...

Hi there, I learnt about this event from Pamela, The Cooking Ninja from France. I am enrolled myself for this event tentatively. I am from Basel, Switzerland, greetings. My blog is called Gourmet Traveller88 http://www.gourmettraveller88.com

Ana Powell said...

I hope you have a great time.
Great pictures x

pttogo said...

Hey Jamie,
Just a thought-- maybe those who would like to attend but can't because they are too far away could get together at a central location closer to home and have a simultaneous food blogger party/convention. You could hook up the two parties via skype or other videoconferencing tool for a mega-cyber-food blogger party. What do you think? Love, Bea (you know who I am)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...